We are looking for a talented and dedicated PHP WordPress Developer to join our Surrey based agency. You will possess strong frontend development skills with an excellent eye for detail. You will be responsible for driving the digital capabilities of the agency, showing a love of technology and interest in the future trends in web development.
You will be expected to hit the ground running with big ideas, working closely with and adding weight to our team in a lively and collaborative environment. You will ideally have an agency background and will be able to demonstrate outstanding delivery of highly engaging, creative web presences for a range of clients.
First and foremost you will have excellent frontend development skills, capable of building high quality bespoke responsive websites using WordPress as the CMS, we are not looking for a theme tweaker.
You’ll require a good understanding of producing websites for B2B & Retail clients. Be able to write clean, commented code that others can understand.
Duties and Responsibilities
You would be responsible for:
- Taking an active role in technically steering the digital direction of the agency
- Contribute knowledge to proposals and the specification of digital projects
- End-to-end development of responsive WordPress websites – both frontend and backend
- Testing across different browsers and devices
- Communicating directly with clients providing support and training
- Continued development and maintenance of existing websites
- Basic day-to-day server/hosting management
- Supporting and educating the team on digital
Key Development Skills
- WordPress (building themes from scratch)
- PHP and MySQL
- Device & Browser Compatibility Testing
- Responsive development
- SEO best practice
- W3C standards
- Hosting, domains and DNS
- Experience with Windows and Linux Servers
Ardent are a long established creative agency providing clients a full suite of creative marketing services across brand, print, digital and web marketing. We are always pushing ourselves to deliver outstanding work, taking the lead in linking print and online so that marketing works everywhere. Working mainly in the B2B and the Retail environment, our clients range from international household companies to national and local organisations.
If you are interested in joining a truly creative knowledge based agency with great benefits please apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: 3+ years
Remuneration: £28,000 – £32,000 pa dependant on experience
Location: Cranleigh, Surrey
Please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Strictly no agencies please.